16 August 2021 God on the Move: Focus on Men
by Dennis Gardner
“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5
During these ever-changing times, we can fall victim to isolation, confusion, loss of direction, and a feeling of inadequacy. We sometimes encounter situations where there are angry and divisive people who could disrupt our lives.
“I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause division and create obstacles, contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.” Romans 16:17
The very best way to navigate those times is to stay connected, not only to our Lord, but also to other men. Here are a few suggestions that you may find helpful:
- Choose a time where you can connect with a few other men to pray together, be accountable, and study His word together.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to opportunities for discipling others.
- Seek opportunities to serve with other men.
- During your quiet times, reflect on what it would be like to be the spiritual leader of your family.
- Explore ideas to serve by leading and serving with your church family.
These are just a few ideas for different ways to connect, and I am sure every man has ideas of his own. I would suggest moving on those ideas, so that you can draw not only closer to other men, but more importantly, grow closer to the Lord.